Choose a service provider with satellite coverage in key oil and gas markets
Take advantage of quick-deployed skid solutions
The secret to getting connected faster offshore is choosing a service provider that can immediately deliver satellite capacity to your remote site, can quickly deploy skid technology solutions, and has field engineers in key oil and gas markets to install the services on-demand.
1. Choose a provider with satellite coverage in key oil and gas markets
When selecting a communications provider, make sure the company has existing capacity, in key global oil and markets, both new and mature including the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, Offshore Brazil, West Africa, and Asia-Pacific. This capacity can quickly be allocated to meet your immediate requirements. If purchased in bulk, the bandwidth can also scale to accommodate growth, based on applications, users and increased operations.
2. Take advantage of quick-deployed skid solutions
Quick-deploy skid connectivity solutions, such as EMC’s QuickSkid, are portable, easy-to-instal systems that provide immediate bandwidth for many offshore rigs, vessels, platforms, tankers and FSPOs. EMC’s QuickSkid features many unique elements that set it apart from others in the market today.
- DNV (Det Norske Veritas) Certified System: Enables the solution to be used worldwide.
- Quick Deployed: Available inventory in key oil and gas markets for quick deployment.
- Easy to Install and Repair: No special tools required to install and only one plug needed to power.
- Durable: Made to withstand harsh outdoor environments
- Flexible: Can be moved to other rigs or vessels outside of the region, for temporary or long-term use.
3. Leverage local field support centers and engineer
Lastly, choose a provider that has established field support centers, certified engineers, and inventory in key oil and gas markets. Inventory for satellite connectivity solutions can have long lead times from the manufactuers. If you need to get connected fast offshore, your provider must have pre-tested kits, in nearby locations for engineers to deploy on-demand.