On July 27, 2016, Global Eagle Entertainment (GEE) acquired EMC to become a worldwide leader in end-to-end connectivity and media services for the rapidly growing global mobility markets across air, sea and land.
GEE brings a rich product portfolio that complements EMC’s connectivity services, including a full suite of entertainment content through longstanding relationships with Hollywood studios. Find below a high-level summary of our combined products and services. Stay tuned for more details.
Below is a glimpse into our expanded portfolio. With our combined R&D resources and product development team, expect to see more pace-setting technologies to meet your evolving needs.
- Global broadband
- C-, Ku-, Ka-band satellite capacity
- In-port terrestrial Wi-Fi
- Network performance enhancers
- Real-time data analytics
- Big data capture/analysis
- Crew-related support
- Predictive analysis
- Electronic flight bag (EFB) data interfaces and powered systems
- Hollywood movies
- Popular TV series and sports
- Live TV
- Casual games
- Digital publications
- Shopping/billing platforms
- Destination information and deals
- Media portals and mobile apps
- Lab & technical services
- Creative, production and post production